WALTHAM-MARS/ AAH-ABV Awards WALTHAM-MARS collaborated with the American Association of Human-Animal Bond Veterinarians to select three studies for funding
- Dr. Rebecca Johnson of the University of Missouri-Columbia will examine community based walking of shelter dogs.
- Dr. Liz Paul, of the University of Bristol will study the impact of pets and other factors underlying social support in the lives of elders.
- Dr. Brinda Jegatheesan of the University of Washington: will study the impact of culture on the Human-Animal bond – a cross cultural qualitative study with young children.
WALTHAM HCAB Awards
WALTHAM-MARS is also funding two larger scale studies of human-animal interaction
- Dr. Cindy Wilson of the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences will study owners and pets exercising together and the implications for weight management
- Dr. Erika Friedmann of the University of Maryland will examine pet ownership effects for community dwelling older adults who are pre- or mildly hypertensive
For information about these and other funding opportunities for studies of the Human-Companion Animal Bond please contact Sandra McCune at the WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition Tel: +44-1664-415535, email: email@example.com
The WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition is a state-of-the-art pet care facility in United Kingdom dedicated to progressing the health and welfare of pets worldwide.